Living in a healthy and comfortable home is what everyone wants, this is for sure. Yet, in order to benefit from this, it is essential to resort to companies that provide home insulation services. Taking into account that the number of companies operating in this industry has increased lately, which can make it difficult for people when it comes to selecting the right insulation company. However, simply by doing some online research things can become a lot easier and simpler and one very good example of such company is EcoStar Insulation. The article below presents the main health and comfort benefits that come with insulating a home, as well as some useful information regarding the main insulating materials available on the market today.
Healthier and warmer house
One of the main benefits that come with insulating services is a warmer and healthier home. Experts in the field claim that living in a cold house can trigger ill-health, since cold temperatures is the main cause of appearance of various factors that in time can seriously affect the health of those living in that house. Dampness, condensation, mold and mildew are the result of cold temperatures and high level of humidity within a house and these can affect the respiratory tract, leading to severe coughing or asthma. By insulating the house, heat is retained inside the house during the winter, whereas during the summer heat is obstructed from getting inside, thus keeping the environment healthy.
Energy savings and environmentally friendly
Regardless of the insulation materials you use, it is for sure that you will save a great deal of money on energy costs. There are numerous studies that show that insulation can come up with up to 50% or even more regarding energy savings. You will notice lower energy bills from the very first month after you have had your house insulated. What is more, insulation comes as a green solution too, since you will be using less energy to heat and cool the house, you also help protecting the environment.
This is another great advantage that comes with insulating a house. You probably agree that noise can be quite annoying sometimes, whether it is coming from the outside or from inside the house. Noise transmission can sometimes be quite disturbing, this is for sure, yet this can be minimized through insulation.
It is not that expensive
Many people do not opt for home insulation because they say it is extremely costly. Depending on the type of insulation you opt for, you may have to spend more money, yet if you take into account that it is a long-term investment that will last for the entire life of your house, insulating the building should not seem too expensive after all. The secret though is to work with a professional and reliable company in the industry, which means you may have to spend some time on the Internet looking for the best one in the field.
Different types of materials used in insulation
- Spray foam is people’s most common choice when upgrading the house. One advantage that comes with it is that it is extremely light in terms of weight, not to mention about the many characteristics such as great fire resistant. It is easy to install and it keeps corrosion and mold away from your house.
- Fiberglass is made out of fine strands of glass that are inserted into insulation material. It is known as one of the most cost-effective solution on the market. However, since it is made out of glass, it can be extremely dangerous to work with unless you wear protective gloves. In fact, it is recommended to resort to professional help and to have specialists install it for you in order to avoid any unpleasant situations.
- Mineral wool can be found in several different forms on the market: glass wool that contains recycled glass, slang wool containing slang from steel mills and rock wool, which is made out of basalt. Depending on the country or region, one of these types is more common than others on the local market.
- Polystyrene is one very popular choice when it comes to insulation foams, since it has waterproof, thermo-insulation and soundproofing qualities. Worth mentioning is that there are two kinds of polystyrene: Styrofoam or extruded (XEPS) and expanded (EPS). Besides the differences in ratings and cost, the main dissimilarity between the two consists of the R-value level, which is higher in the former type of polystyrene than in the latter one. One disadvantage of this insulating material though would be that it is flammable.
- Cellulose is definitely the most eco-friendly solution of all. It is made out of cardboard, paper and other similar recycled materials, which makes it the perfect solution for protecting not only your house, but also the environment. Since the material is extremely compact and it contains low level of oxygen, it is also fire resistant.
All things considered, these are some of the main benefits of home insulation, as well as the most common materials used in this process. If you are interested in insulating your house, it is best you do your research first and learn about the best companies operating in this industry. Opt for a reliable and professional one to benefit from great results.