Your eyes are one of your best assets as they are unique, just like your fingerprint. Unfortunately, the gorgeous color of your eyes and their perfect shape won’t be noticeable for others if your eyelashes are short and rare. If you’re dealing with this aesthetic problem, you surely want to have long lashes that will boost your natural beauty, making your eyes pop out and having others fall in love with you instantly when gazing at you. We’re here to help you in case you have short eyelashes and you want to fix this problem, offering you the most effective methods that you can turn to in order to make the lashes longer, thicker, and stronger. In PopularReviews picks you will find further help when it comes to dealing with the unpleasant aesthetic issue, so check them out as well to enjoy maximum results.
How Long Does It Take for Eyelashes to Grow?
Eyelashes sometimes fall off, this being a normal occurrence that shouldn’t scare you. This happens as a result of sleeping with your head on a side, because of regular, abusive use of mascara, and even because of wearing false lashes. To prevent the eyelashes from falling, you should clean them every night before you go to bed using makeup removal solutions. But how long does it take for the lashes to grow once they fall off? Also, how long does it take for short lashes to grow longer if you treat them? Well, a bit of patience is required as the lashes generally take from 1 month to 6 months to grow back. If you apply a treatment, it will take less time for them to either grow back or grow longer.
Castor Oil for Eyelash Growth
Castor oil is one of the most popular solutions to go with when it comes to eyelash growth as it is natural, safe, and the results are undeniably spectacular. This oil contains vitamins, antioxidants, protein, and fatty acids, nourishing the hair follicles in order to promote their healthy growth. In the following, we will explain how to properly use the oil:
- Every night, before you go to bed, use a cotton swab to apply the castor oil on your lashes. For faster results, add a few drops of vitamin E on the swab as well.
- Leave the oil on the eyelashes overnight and try to sleep in a straight position facing the ceiling so that you won’t rub the oil on the pillow but rather let it sit on the lashes for it to do its effect properly.
- In the morning, rinse the oil off using lukewarm water.
Follow the treatment on a daily basis and a significant growth will be noticeable after a couple of months. In case you experience any discomfort whatsoever when applying it or if your eyes get irritated, interrupt the treatment as you probably have an allergy to castor oil.
Other Effective Methods to Have Long Eyelashes
In addition to castor oil, there are other effective methods that you can turn to when dealing with short eyelashes that you want to elongate. Here are these simple methods that you can use and that are ensured to deliver the expected results:
Method #1 – Eyelash Growth Serum
Eyelash growth serums can do wonders for your lashes if you use them on a regular basis and if you make sure that the product you do end up buying is actually a quality one. The botanical extracts and the vitamins that these growth serums contain are what makes them so effective when it comes to delivering long lashes after a short period of treatment. Best of all, there are no side effects to these beauty products as they are completely safe to use.
After you pick the eyelash growth serum that you feel is right for you and of the best quality, you can start using it in order to enjoy the results of the treatment as fast as possible. Before applying the serum, clean your face to remove all the dirt, oil, and makeup residues. Next, with the help of the mascara wand that the serum comes with of with the help of a cotton swab, apply it on your eyelashes. You can either apply the serum at night, before you go to bed, or apply it in the morning and leave it on for the rest of the day. If you decide to apply it during daytime, we recommend that you not wear mascara over it as the makeup product will stop the effect of the growth serum.
Method #2 – Olive Oil
Olive oil is used for a lot of beauty treatments, including eyelash growth, as it’s natural and highly effective. Being rich in oleic acid and vitamin E, it nourishes the lashes in order to help them grow fast. When using olive oil, you have to proceed in the following manner:
- Dip a clean cotton swab in warm olive oil.
- Before you go to bed, apply the oil with the help of the swab on your lashes. Be careful with this procedure for the olive oil to not end up in your eyes.
- Leave the oil on your lashes overnight and rinse it off in the morning using lukewarm water.
If you follow this treatment on a daily basis, noticeable results will appear after only a few months.
Method #3 – Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera is the perfect home remedy for long lashes as it not only helps make them longer, but it makes them thicker and it nourishes them properly as well.
- Thoroughly clean an old mascara wand and use it to apply fresh Aloe Vera gel on your eyelashes. Do this procedure before you go to bed.
- Leave the gel on your eyelashes overnight so that it might stimulate lash growth properly. When morning comes, simply rinse it off using warm water.
- For even better results, twice per day, apply a mixture of jojoba oil, chamomile infusion, and Aloe Vera gel on your eyelashes. Leave the mixture on for a maximum of 15 minutes and rinse it off with warm water.