It’s very important that you feel secure at home and for that, you will have to find some clever ways to keep potential burglars away. Whether you install a security camera or you start being more alert, turning your home into a safer places is mostly up to you. The following ideas may seem simple, but they turn out to be very effective in improving your home security.
- There is no such thing as too many door locks when it comes to keeping your home safe, so consider installing an extra lock to the doors that lead into your yard and house. The windows should also have locks that keep them closed tight especially at night when intruders try to break into homes.
- The backyard gate should be closed at all times because it is the perfect way for burglars to get inside without anyone spotting them. Never leave home without checking if all the doors are closed and pay extra attention to the doors and windows that have access to the back of the house.
- The garage of the house is a common access way for burglars because many people forget or skip closing the garage door, thinking that no one can get inside it. Garage door openers eliminate the risk of intruders getting into your garage thanks to the smart technology that makes sure the door is closed even if you forget to close it. Also, you will be safe inside your car without having to get out to open and close the door.
- Avoid offering a clear view inside your house from the street and avoid people seeing the interior of your house when you open the door. Also, keep your valuables out of sight every time someone comes visit you and pull the shutters at night so no one can spy on you through the windows. Burglars tend to break into homes they have analyzed and checked for expensive assets.
- Not paying attention when you enter the security code to your alarm is like inviting the intruders inside your house, so make sure no one sees you enter the code when you arm and disarm the alarm. Avoid sharing security information with neighbors or relatives who shouldn’t have access to it.
- To keep strangers from entering your house, make sure all your access doors have eye holes that allow you to see who is knocking on your door before you let them in. Also, teach your children to never open the door unless they see who is standing at the door and only if they know the person in cause.
- The simplest most efficient way to improve your home security is to install a security camera that will supervise every area of your house and yard and will allow you full access to what is happening there. Moreover, you can control the images while you are away and you will manage to scare the potential intruders by advertising the presence of a security camera on your property.